Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The retirement of Unixheads..

After much deliberation, I have opted to start phasing the Unixheads.org mirroring and hosting services out of my life. This was a very hard decision to make, but I have realized that family is most important, and therefore the time I have free I would like to devote to them.

I do plan to continue my work with Open Source and it's various communities as time allows, and through some of the activities I do with my company, as appropriate. I would like to extend a thank you to all those who utilized our services, and supported us through various methods.

Scott

3 comments:

drankinatty said...

You and unixheads.com will be sorely missed as a mirror site. Especially from the opensuse community. 4x faster than the other two US mirrors, there was no comparison -- job well done.

However, as a father of 3, I applaud your decision. With the many demands on life and time it is often difficult to balance priorities. You are making the right choice.

Best of luck!

Scott Palmer said...

Thanks David, some sites will remain, but in a limited capacity. We had to offload the larger sites, like the OpenSUSE build service.

yazid said...

Thanks to the unixhead for the job done, it was one of the my favourite mirror, opensuse community surely will missed it.